Join us on Friday, November 30, 6pm
Discover why artisan Mezcal is the soul of México, from the elixirs created by Master Distillers who have learned their craft through many generations.
Del Maguey is brought to you from the remote mountainous regions on rugged, barely passable roads outside Oaxaca. Each expression is the pride of a single village – using ancient methods developed by indigenous people.
Taste the terroir of each expression, the purity of the water, the soil, the trees, the very wildness.
Still crafted by the Zapotec with reverence for the Wild Agave that dots the hillsides.
~ We’ll begin with a cocktail created just for this event, made with Del Maguey Vida.
~ Enjoy delicious small bites chosen to pair with each Mezcal we’ll taste.
- Chichicapa – A medium nose and a complex taste with lots of citrus and a long, smooth finish with overtones of mint.
- Santo Domingo Albarradas – Light nose with lots of citrus overtones. A bit of roasted pear too. Lots of tropical fruit on the tongue, spicy and woody with a clean dry finish.
- Tobala – Sweet, fruity nose, with a mango and cinnamon taste and long, extra smooth finish.
- Wild Tepextate – A lighter body with a Bright candied fruit nose of banana taffy and spun sugar. The sweetness carries into the palate with notes of passion fruit and marzipan. A light cinnamon note of canela lies in the background with floral notes of honeysuckle.
- Wild Jabali – Notes of fresh figs, baked apples, star anise and a hint of parmesan rind. On the palate there is bright, beautiful acidity with high florals of sweet violets, herbal notes of tarragon and a slight sandalwood finish.
Reservations are required. As always, our Tequila Club Members pay only $25 and can purchase 3 seats and get a fourth free. General Public $35. Not a member? Click here to sign up, it’s free!
You will leave forever changed by this experience, with a greater understanding of the soul of our culture.